Thursday, February 19, 2009

Titties and Beer...

Video 


Titties and Beer is a song by Rodney Carrington and I understand this is supposed to be a comedy act but that doesn't change this act from being degrading to women. Women have been objectified for centuries and Rodney Carrington is making a living doing it. With lyrics such as "look at that redheads tits" and " The first gal I tipped was flat as hell but had a nice ass that was sent from God" its hard not to be offended. Personally I see no humor in objectifying women and talking about their bodies as a piece of meat. With a quick look at some of his other songs the content isn't much different. Such hits as " Show Them To Me", "A Beer Is Better Than A Woman", and " Mommas Got Her Boobs Out". Even the titles of his songs are degrading. Rodney Carrington may be a comedian but he is not funny to me.

3 comments:

  1. Ive never heard this song before, but personally I really dont want to. The fact that someone even thought of lyrics like that is offensive and ridiculous. It seems that this artist is very sexist according to the rest of his song titles. I think it says something about the people that actually buy these albums, which obviously someone does because hes still recording music. It also says something about the music industry and the fact that they are letting a person record these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand this may be degrading to women but i find it funny. Some people might take it offensively but they need to have a sense of humor. It's not meaning anything harmful, just something funny to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the songs extremely humerous. They are made as a joke and he is a comedian. I can understand why it is offensive to some, however he puts it into a tone that make you just want to laugh. I've even tried to make myself mad at the song, but end up laughing about it. Perhaps it is my generation that makes it a laughing matter, however I do know a couple people that find it no laughing matter. It does degrade women when looked at by a analytical standpoint, however one must differentiate comedy from serious.

    ReplyDelete